This enchanting Tuscan villa is a mere 1 km. from CORTONA (an easy 15 minute walk to town) and is situated on the hillside above Santa Maria Nuova, one of Cortona’s most admired churches. Its exceptional location enjoys panoramic mountain and valley views including breathtaking, year-round sunsets. This home embodies sophistication and refinement.
Architect designed and reconstructed in 2006/7 by artisans using the finest materials, respecting traditional integrity and style. An abundance of natural light, owing to generous size windows and French doors is rare, enhancing a connection with nature.
The spacious gourmet kitchen has marble counters and stainless appliances, including a bar fridge. There are three bedrooms (one currently used as a library) and two large bathrooms, plus a third that has been plumbed and wired. A charming wine cellar has been creatively incorporated.
Enchanting courtyards offer the perfect background for “al fresco” dining. This truly unique home is a classic and exemplifies meticulous attention to detail.
“the Bobolino is a gem”. ……………. Frances Mayes
FEATURES OF The LITTLE BOBOLI
- 3.75 acres (1.5 hectares)
- state-of-the-art, high-efficiency heating and hot water system including cast iron radiators
- alarm system, hard wired double perimeter, motion detectors and cell phone ‘alert’ feature
- hand made terra cotta floors
- beamed ceilings
- custom pizza oven and barbecue recessed into a beautiful stone wall
- classic stone fireplace in the living room
- screens on all windows
- stainless 6-burner, double oven, “Ilve” stove; stainless dishwasher, refrigerator and bar fridge; microwave; washer and dryer
- luxurious bathroom fixtures and marble wainscoting
- hand made exterior and interior light fixtures
- ADSL and hard wired for Ethernet Broadband network
- majority of rooms have 9 foot ceilings (2.75 meters)
- new well 2009 (130 meters/420 feet deep)
- bocce court
- excellent floor plan and proportions
- approximately 800 sq. ft. (80 sq. meters) of attic storage
- planned for ease of care!